This page will serve as a single source for information related to programs and services at The Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center. Changes in scheduling and any alteration to regular operations will appear here.
Tuesday, November 24, 2020
Dear Lewisburg YMCA Members,
As you may have seen in the email sent to you Monday night, the Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center will begin scaling back operations beginning this Friday, November, 27, 2020. Please carefully read our new guidelines as they will affect Lewisburg YMCA members that use the fitness center and/or participate in Group Fitness classes.
- In-person Group Fitness classes are currently suspended and will only be offered virtually. A new schedule with instructions will be sent when ready.
- The Lewisburg YMCA remains open, but is limited to 20 people inside the facility at a time.
- Registration is now required to visit us. Time slots are 45 minutes in length and registration may be done in person, online, or by calling (570)556-4191.
- A new, more comprehensive screening process will begin Friday including temperature checks and required hand sanitization when entering the facility.
- Members are required to wear a mask at all times, including during their workout.
- Members will also continue to pick up a bottle of disinfectant and cloth to spray & wipe down equipment before and after each use.
Please review our FAQ to help with any questions you may have regarding our new operational procedure.
Q: How do I log into my YMCA account?
A: Go to gsvymca.org and click “My Account” in the upper, right hand corner. Enter your email address or phone number to locate your account and click “Submit”. Enter your password and click “Login” to log in to your YMCA account.
Q: What if I don’t know my password?
A: Go to gsvymca.org and click “My Account” in the upper, right hand corner. Enter your email address or phone number to locate your account and click “Submit”. On the next screen, click “Forgot your password” and follow the instructions.
Q: Why is there 15 minutes designated for cleaning every hour?
A: To ensure the highest level of safety of all members using the facility, the Environmental Services Team will be fully disinfecting all touchpoints in the fitness center each hour. The only way to truly perform a disinfection of the equipment is to have a totally empty space for a short period of time to allow for the EPA registered disinfectant to work effectively.
Q: Are walk-ins allowed?
A: Members may be permitted access to the facility as a walk-in during one of our designated appointment slots if there are openings. If all 20 member appointment slots are filled when the member wishes to walk-in, they will be denied access to the facility.
Q: What temperature is too high?
A: In addition to the two facility access screening questions that have become a standard for access to the facility, temperature checks will now be conducted on all who enter. Anyone who answers “no” to one of the facility access screening questions or has a temperature of 100.4⁰F or higher will be declined access.
Q: Will showers be available?
A: While we realize that the ability to use the showers in the locker rooms is a valuable feature of membership, showers will be closed during this time.
Q: Can I put my membership on hold?
A: Any member who wishes to place their membership on hold during this time may do so by emailing Wanda Miller, Membership Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Can I sign up for more than one time slot per day?
A: The maximum allowed number of 45-minute time slots per day is two (2). If they are back-to-back, you will still need to vacate the fitness center to allow our crew to disinfect.
Q: How far in advance may I sign up for a time slot?
A: Registration opens at 8 AM, two days prior to the day you wish to use. For example, if you want to use the gym on Wednesday at 2 PM, you will be able to sign up beginning at 8 AM two days before that, or 8 AM Monday morning.
Q: How early may I arrive for my time slot?
A: Members may arrive 15 minutes early to allow for time to be screened. Once you are successfully screened, please wait in our lobby area on one of the designated markers to ensure proper 6-foot social distancing.
Q: How long will this last?
A: While we do not have a definitive time frame on the implementation of these new procedures, we will reevaluate week to week to determine the best steps going forward.
We realize these new protocols may be inconvenient for some, and truly appreciate your understanding during this time. We are grateful for the opportunity to remain open to serve you, and sincerely thank you for your willingness to cooperate. Questions may be directed to Kyle Snyder or by calling (570)556-4191.
Please enjoy a safe and happy Thanksgiving.
The Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center
Wednesday, November 18, 2020
A Message to our Members, Staff, and Volunteers,
The Greater Susquehanna Valley YMCA is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone who enters our doors. With the updated measures put in place by the Pennsylvania Secretary of Health, we will be adhering to the mandated guidelines for our facilities. It is required that you wear a face covering the entire time you are in the building. This includes all times while exercising whether using equipment or in a class.
We understand this may be an inconvenience but we are very thrilled that today’s announcement did not order our YMCA to be closed. Please help us keep each other safe and help us to remain open so we can continue to serve our community.
We are also encouraging everyone to do their part in helping prevent the spread of germs and viruses.
– Maintain 6ft of distant between you and others at all times
– Wipe down your piece of equipment before and after use
– Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
– Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
– Stay home when you are sick until you’ve been free of fever for 24 hours
Bonnie McDowell, Chief Executive Officer
Greater Susquehanna Valley YMCA
Wednesday, September 23, 2020
Pickleball Safety Guidelines
Pickleball has returned to the YMCA at the Miller Center. In order to maintain the safety of our guests, we ask that you please follow these guidelines to ensure that we continue to adhere to the requirements of national, state and local officials. Thank you for your continued support! We’re excited to have you back.
All participants will need to follow these protocols in order to participate in pickleball.
- You must be masked when you enter and exit the facility.
- You will get a temperature check and asked two screening questions upon entry each time you visit. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 will not be permitted to enter.
- We ask that you each wash your hands before and after playing.
- We will have mobile hand sanitizer stations available near the courts.
- Masks will not be required during pickleball play and doubles are allowed.
- Social distancing will be required whenever possible. Masks will be required when a participant is not participating in a game. This will be important so we can continue to keep pickleball in our facility.
- We won’t have chairs set up in between the courts and only 12 people are allowed on the court at a time.
To make sure nets are up we are allowing all pickleball players to set up the nets when they arrive in the morning. We will make sure the hoops are out of the way.
Our pricing will remain the same as it was prior to the shutdown.
$25/month for members – includes mornings, evenings and weekends
$35/month for non-members – includes mornings, evenings and weekends
$15 for evening only
$5 for drop ins
We will be providing orange onix pickleballs.
Morning Hours will be 8 AM to 12 PM, Monday through Friday. Please Note: We may have some weeks where we will shorten these hours, but they will be designated on the schedule.
Evening Hours and Weekends are being determined.
Monday, August 31, 2020
The September Silver Sneakers schedule is available online. Please look under “Schedules and Events”, “Silver Sneakers Classes” and “Schedule.”
Wednesday, August 26, 2020
We are excited to announce that SilverSneakers® & Aquatic classes will resume Labor Day week! Following guidance from the CDC and local health officials, we have modified our guidelines and schedules to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
Members will be required to register to attend SilverSneakers® & Aquatic classes. Members must register prior to each class to make sure your spot is reserved. Registration is ongoing and drop-ins are discouraged.
Options to register for classes are in-person at the front desk, call the front desk or register online. A GSV Y account must be set up for online registration. Click here to create a GSV Y account.
• If you do not know your password, click on forgot password
• A sign-on link will be emailed or texted to your phone if your number is on file (your choice)
SilverSneakers® & Aquatic class registration is ongoing and will follow a weekly schedule.
• Monday and Tuesday classes – registration will open every Friday
• Wednesday classes – registration will open every Monday
• Thursday classes – registration will open every Tuesday
• Friday classes – registration will open every Wednesday
• Saturday classes – registration will open every Thursday
Registration for the first week of classes will begin on Friday, September 4th. All branches of the GSV Y will be closed in observance of the Labor Day Holiday on Monday, September 7th. Due to the holiday, members will be able to register for Tuesday, September 8th and Wednesday, September 9th classes on Friday, September 4th.
SilverSneakers® & Aquatic class schedules will be available online and at the Front Desk on Friday, August 28th.
Friday, July 24, 2020
GSV YMCA Child Care Facility Safety Plan for COVID-19
Friday, July 23, 2020
New hours for the Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center effective August 1, 2020 are:
Monday – Wednesday – Friday
Group Exercise Classes begin at 5:45am
Tuesday & Thursday
Saturday & Sunday
Monday thru Friday
Reserved for Seniors ages 62+ and other individuals at high risk.
Monday, July 6, 2020
New masking guidelines are available here.
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
WELCOME BACK TO GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES
WHAT CHANGES CAN I EXPECT BEFORE AND AFTER CLASS?
PREREGISTRATION FOR CLASS IS REQUIRED. HOW DO I PREREGISTER?
CAN I HANGOUT AND SOCIALIZE BEFORE AND AFTER MY WORKOUT?
Friday, June 12, 2020
Monday, June 8, 2020
- All Members must sign a release waiver. Click Here to Sign the Waiver. You will need the number on your membership card to sign the waiver.
- Members must maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance.
- All staff will have their temperature checked upon entering the facility.
- Staff will be wearing masks. Gloves may be required for certain job duties or tasks.
- Masks are strongly encouraged for all members while moving through the facility. Masks are not required while working out. Please help ensure the safety of our staff and other members.
- We will have controlled access to the facilities through one entrance, which means that we will be managing who comes in the Y. Entrances and Exits for your use will be clearly marked.
- The maximum number of people in any area will be limited to 50% of room capacity.
- Time may be limited on all cardio equipment.
- Some cardio equipment may not be available to ensure social distancing.
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Members must wash hands before and after working out with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Group exercise classes resume on June 29th and will have limited attendance. Participants must register. Members must create an online account to register for classes. Click Here to Create an Online Y Account. Details and instructions for registering will be sent in a separate email.
- No Aquatic Classes.
- No Active Older Adult specific classes and social gatherings.
- Locker rooms will be open, maintain social distancing. Showers will not be available at the Lewisburg Y at the Miller Center.
- Coffee will not be available.
- No guests will be permitted. Facility use will only be for members.
- No use of saunas or steam rooms as a minimum safe distance of 6 feet cannot be maintained.
- Increased signage throughout the building to encourage social distance, hand washing and remind members to disinfect equipment.
- No basketball, pickleball, youth sports and no racquetball court use.
- No Babysitting/Kidspace/Child Watch/Drop In Care.
- Why are we signing another waiver? Our insurance company has asked us to have all members sign a new waiver before entering our facilities. If you have not signed our new waiver – Click Here to Sign. You will need the number on your membership card to sign the waiver.
- Why no Aqua Classes if we are having Group Exercise classes? We are not able to control social distancing guidelines in aquatic classes. Water jog will be an option until we can resume Aqua Classes.
- How do we register for Group Exercise classes? Members must create an online account to register for classes. Click Here to Create an Online GSV Y Account. Details and instructions for registering will be sent in a separate email.
- Time limit on cardio machines? There is no limit if no one is waiting. If we have multiple members waiting, we will need to enforce a time limit.
- Time limit in facility? No, unless we reach 50% occupancy.
- Can I use other GSV YMCA locations? Yes. If you have a GSV YMCA membership you have access to all four GSV YMCA branches.
- Can I still walk in the gym if nothing else is going on in the gymnasium? Each Branch location will manage the use of these areas. Some may have other programs or services in these spaces. Please stay patient with us as we manage these new guidelines.
- Can Active Older Adults sign-up for Group Exercise classes? Yes. We are not telling Active Older Adults that they cannot come to other classes. This age group is at a higher risk, and we are not offering Active Older Adult specific classes in phase one.
- Can we sign up for membership? Yes, nonmembers can join at any time. Guest passes will not be sold and the free week membership is not available during phase one of reopening.
- What if I show up and you are at maximum capacity? If the facility or any room in the facility is at our adjusted max occupancy we will limit additional members from joining.
- Can we have the sauna, steam room open if we do one at a time? At this time we are not opening those areas of our facility. We need to ensure that our staff can manage all of our new restrictions, procedures and facility occupancy before we increase the number of members using our facilities.
- Is there going to be a delay getting into the facility? We do not anticipate that there will be delay getting into the facility.
- When will programs start? The dates are TBD.
- Why no basketball, pickleball, youth sports and no racquetball court? We are encouraging social distancing.
Friday, June 5, 2020
To our Valued Members of the Greater Susquehanna Valley YMCA:
Today Governor Wolf announced that Northumberland and Union Counties will be moving to the Green Phase. I am excited to announce that the Sunbury, Milton, Mifflinburg and Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center will reopen Monday, June 15th and Group Exercise classes will resume Monday, June 29th.
We’re so excited to be reopening our facility and we can’t wait to welcome you back! As we welcome you back, we want to assure you that safety remains our top priority. We are taking all of the necessary steps to ensure the safety of our valued members, volunteers and staff.
We have implemented some changes and when you return, your Y will be a little different. Please continue to check your email and our website regularly. We will be communicating updates regarding our reopening and answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
We’re so happy to welcome you back!
Together, we’re a better us.
Bonnie McDowell, CEO
Greater Susquehanna Valley YMCA