This page will serve as a single source for information related to programs and services at The Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center. Changes in scheduling and any alteration to regular operations will appear here.
August 11, 2021
Please review the following information regarding face covering requirements at the Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center:
On July 27, 2021, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated masking recommendations stating, “The CDC recommends all unvaccinated persons wear masks in public indoor settings.” Based on emerging evidence on the Delta variant, the CDC also recommends fully vaccinated persons wear a mask in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission. During the week of August 9, 2021, counties within the Greater Susquehanna Valley YMCA service area entered into the substantial level of transmission category.
In response, effective on Monday, August 16, 2021, the Lewisburg YMCA is implementing a face mask requirement for all employees, members and guests.
Please see details below on the updated masking requirement. These guidelines are subject to change.
Mask Protocol While Inside Facility:
• All members, guests, volunteers and staff must wear a mask upon entering the facility
• Masks are to remain on throughout facility usage — especially within common areas such as the fitness center, sport court spectator area, group exercise and cycling rooms, locker rooms, hallways, etc.
• Masks may be removed when exercising on a piece of equipment if the member can be socially distanced
• Masks may be removed while actively participating in sports or recreation activities
• Masks must be worn when entering and exiting an exercise room and while setting up equipment
Your workout routine may now look like this:
• Enter the Y, wearing a mask
• Clean piece of equipment before use — use spray bottles provided
• Remove mask (if socially distant)
• Complete exercise
• Place mask back on
• Clean piece of equipment after use
• Move to next piece of equipment, while wearing mask
Exceptions to the Face Covering Requirement:
• Individuals who cannot wear a mask due to a medical condition, mental health condition or disability
• Individuals for whom wearing a mask while working would create an unsafe condition in which to operate equipment or execute a task as determined by local, state or federal regulators, or workplace safety guidelines
• Individuals who would be unable to physically remove a mask without assistance
• Individuals who are under 2 years of age
• Individuals who are communicating or seeking to communicate with someone who is hearing-impaired or has another disability, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication
We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we continually adapt to this constantly changing environment. We will reevaluate procedures and safety protocols to follow CDC guidance, state mandates, state and local health departments and other best practices. Member, guest, staff and volunteer safety continue to remain a top priority. Thank you for your adherence to our protocols as well as your care and consideration for those in our facility.
June 28, 2021
As of June 28, 2021, per the Department of Health guidance, all individuals regardless of vaccination status are no longer required to wear a face covering. We still encourage anyone who is not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to wear a face covering while inside the facility.
May 13, 2021
On Thursday, May 13, the CDC announced that fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a face mask or stay 6 feet away from others in most settings, whether outdoors or indoors. Using that guidance, the Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center no longer requires fully-vaccinated visitors to wear face coverings when in the facility. Visitors that are no fully vaccinated must continue to wear a mask during their entire visit, including their workout.
February 1, 2021
We are BACK OPEN. Sports and Rec programs are in the process of resuming. For a list of programs, click the “Sports” menu above. For Fitness Center hours, click “Hours” above. See you soon!
January 26, 2021
For information regarding the return of Group Exercise classes, please click here.
January 25, 2021
Dear Members of the Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center,
We are pleased to announce that The Miller Center, a Joint Venture of Evangelical Community Hospital and Geisinger, will open Monday, February 1. The Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center will open Monday, February 1 at 5:30am and in-person Group Exercise classes will resume on Monday, February 8. Virtual Group Exercise classes will continue for members that are not ready to return and as an added member benefit.
When you return to the Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center, you will be greeted with a new look and layout in the Fitness Center. The Fitness Center Reconfiguration Project was completed during our closure with member safety and satisfaction in mind. The changes make it easier to navigate throughout the Fitness Center and allow easier access to the cycling room and group exercise room. A clear, direct pathway has been created through the entrance and to the rest of the Fitness Center equipment. We also added a “cardio corner” to the performance training area. These changes have opened more floor space for better spacing of our Technogym and Hammer Strength equipment. Additionally, there is more open space in the free weight area that is now located in the former cardio area. Mirrors are coming soon to the free weight area.
At the GSV Y, our greatest priority has always been protecting the health and safety of all who enter our doors. Our team is committed to ensuring a socially responsible environment that align with our core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
All branches of the GSV YMCA will adhere to the measures put in place by the Pennsylvania Secretary of Health in November 2020. It is required that you wear a face covering the entire time you are in the building. This includes all times while exercising. Registering for workout times in the Fitness Center is no longer required and showers will be open. In addition, the Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center will be opening at 5:30am Monday through Friday.
- Health Screenings including temperature checks and hand sanitizing upon entering
- Enhanced cleaning & disinfecting
- Single Entry/Exit Points
- Contactless Membership Card Scanning
- Social Distancing
- Sanitizer spray bottles for each member
Thank you for your patience, understanding, and support during the recent closure. The Joint Venture will continue to closely monitor the community positivity rate, hospitalization rate and bed capacities. If a spike in any of these data points occurs, the facility may revert back to temporary closure.
This has been a difficult time for many, and we have missed you. We know you are eager to return and we are excited to have you back at this time.
Forever with our Community. For a Better Us.
Bonnie McDowell, CEO
Greater Susquehanna Valley YMCA
To see an archive of all previous COVID-19 Program and Service updates, please click here.