|Please review the following information regarding mask usage at the Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center. This document was last updated July 6, 2020.
With the newly issued order from the Pennsylvania Department of Health on July 1, 2020 requiring face coverings, we are amending our safety protocols regarding masks. The guidelines below are subject to change.
Mask Protocol While Inside the Facility:
- All members must wear a mask upon entering the facility.
- Masks are to remain on throughout facility usage and especially within common areas such as the fitness center, group exercise and cycling rooms, locker rooms, pool decks, hallways, etc.
- Masks may be removed when exercising on a piece of equipment, but only if the member can do so while socially distant.
- For example: If one member is “spotting” another member while weightlifting, both members must be wearing masks.
- Masks may be removed while participating in group exercise and cycling classes.
- Masks must be worn when entering and exiting the room and while setting up equipment.
Your workout routine may now look like this:
- Enter the Y, wearing a mask
- Clean piece of equipment before use, use spray bottles provided
- Remove mask (if socially distant)
- Complete exercise
- Place mask back on
- Clean piece of equipment after use
- Move to next piece of equipment, while wearing mask
Mask Protocol While Outside the Facility:
- Masks are not required to be worn when outside the facility and socially distant.
There are no changes to childcare mask wearing protocols at this time.
All staff will continue to wear masks.
We need to continually adapt to this constantly changing environment, and will reevaluate procedures and safety protocols to follow state mandates, state and local health departments, the CDC, and other best-practices. Member, staff and volunteer safety continue to remain a top priority.
Thank you for your adherence to our protocols as well as your care and consideration for those in our facility.