To be considered for employment at the Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center, the following you must be able to successfully pass:
- Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance
- Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Records Check
- Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal History Clearance
- Drug Screen
The Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center is looking for an energetic “go-getter” to be a part of the most fun and exciting Youth Programs team in the region. Applicants will need to ACT QUICKLY as this position needs to be filled asap.
This position offers $16,000 for the service term, plus a $6,345 education award for a total of $22,345 between stipend and education award.
- The commitment is August 24, 2021 to August 6, 2022 at approximately 40 hours/week.
- You’ll work closely with Youth Program Coordinator and Sports and Recreation Director to facilitate programming for Homeschoolers, Preschoolers and School-Age Children, including after-school program, gym classes, summer camp and more.
- Develop and facilitate new programming for the gym area and multi-purpose rooms. Possibilities include leagues, tournaments, “open sport” times and more.
- Serve as a resource for the center and interact with members and patrons on a regular basis and create communications materials about the center’s activities and events.
- Attend staff meetings and participate as a team with all MCRW staff and volunteers.
- Participation in CORE AmeriCorps group activities.
- Members may not participate in any activities included in the Prohibited Activities as listed in the “Partner Site and Member Agreements.”
- Experience with children and sports preferred, not required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and pass background checks.
A full description is available here.
To apply, send a letter of interest and resume to Youth Director Keith Jacobsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center is seeking Part Time Desk Attendants for the following shifts:
- Daytime, weekday shift (8-12 hours/week)
- Weeknight, weekend shift (8-12 hours/week)
Desk attendants are expected to adhere and uphold building policies, assist with membership and program enrollment, assist with member services, and provide exceptional customer service. Applicants must possess excellent customer service, decision-making, and communication skills. We are seeking reliable and motivated individuals who are able to follow instructions and stay current on YMCA programs and membership updates.
Interested applicants should complete an application at the front desk at the Lewisburg YMCA, 120 Hardwood Drive, Lewisburg, PA, 17837.