To be considered for employment at the Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center, the following you must be able to successfully pass:
- Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance
- Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Records Check
- Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal History Clearance
- Drug Screen
The Greater Susquehanna Valley YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center is looking for an energetic “go-getter” to be a part of the most fun and exciting Youth Programs team in the region. Applicants will need to ACT QUICKLY as this position needs to be filled asap. Deadline to apply is September 3, 2021.
This position offers $16,000 for the service term, plus a $6,345 education award for a total of $22,345 between stipend and education award.
- The commitment begins September 15, 2021 and is approximately 40 hours/week.
- You’ll work closely with Youth Program Coordinator and Sports and Recreation Director to facilitate programming for Homeschoolers, Preschoolers and School-Age Children, including after-school program, gym classes, summer camp and more.
- Develop and facilitate new programming for the gym area and multi-purpose rooms. Possibilities include leagues, tournaments, “open sport” times and more.
- Serve as a resource for the center and interact with members and patrons on a regular basis and create communications materials about the center’s activities and events.
- Attend staff meetings and participate as a team with all MCRW staff and volunteers.
- Participation in CORE AmeriCorps group activities.
- Members may not participate in any activities included in the Prohibited Activities as listed in the “Partner Site and Member Agreements.”
- Experience with children and sports preferred, not required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and pass background checks.
A full description is available here.
To apply, send a letter of interest and resume to Youth Director Keith Jacobsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part Time Personal Trainer
The Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center is seeking part time Personal Trainers within our Fitness Department. Personal Trainers provide customized personal training services to fitness members, including creating individualized workout plans.
A nationally recognized personal training certification is required.
Personal Trainers are expected to conduct sessions in an engaging, safe, and effective manner, providing an encouraging and motivating atmosphere while helping participants achieve fitness objectives. Personal Trainers must display excellent customer service, decision-making, and communication skills. Trainers will be expected to attend all mandatory trainings and meetings.
Trainers must be flexible with their availability and willing to work weeknights and weekends. Our members lead active lives and so should our ideal candidate. This position has plenty of growth potential as you are only limited by the number of clients you train and programs you run.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and certifications to Kyle Snyder, Associate Executive Director, 120 Hardwood Drive, Lewisburg, PA, 17837 or to email@example.com.
The Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center is looking for fun and engaging people to join our Childcare Team in our KidSpace, where members’ kids are cared for during their workouts, and our Before School Program, where kids are cared for during the school year prior to being picked up for school. You’ll be working in our beautiful, state-of-the-art facility at the Lewisburg YMCA. While the immediate need is for the times listed below, your hours could certainly change so flexibility is a plus.
Before School: 6:30 to 8:30 AM
KidSpace: Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 8:45AM-11AM and Saturday 8:00AM -10:15AM
Successful candidates will be excellent with children and enjoy working in a team environment. While experience is not required, it is certainly a plus. Applicants must have the ability to work indecpendantly, have an interest in child development, enjoy a variety in their daily work routine and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Interested candidates should download an application here and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center is seeking Part Time Desk Attendants for the following shifts:
- Daytime, weekday shift (8-12 hours/week)
- Weeknight, weekend shift (8-12 hours/week)
Desk attendants are expected to adhere and uphold building policies, assist with membership and program enrollment, assist with member services, and provide exceptional customer service. Applicants must possess excellent customer service, decision-making, and communication skills. We are seeking reliable and motivated individuals who are able to follow instructions and stay current on YMCA programs and membership updates.
Interested applicants should complete an application at the front desk at the Lewisburg YMCA, 120 Hardwood Drive, Lewisburg, PA, 17837.
Applications may also be downloaded here and sent to email@example.com.