This page will assist job seekers in seeing openings for Miller Center partners, including the Union County Food Hub, the Greater Susquehanna Valley YMCA, and others.
Job openings for the Greater Susquehanna Valley YMCA can be viewed here.
To be considered for employment at the Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center, the following you must be able to successfully pass:
- Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance
- Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Records Check
- Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal History Clearance
- Drug Screen
The Greater Susquehanna Valley YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Miller Center is seeking a qualified Athletic Trainer to be on-site for athletic events as needed. Details about the position, as well as information on how to apply can be found here, and more info can be found below.
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Typical Work Schedule: Days & Evenings
Exempt: No FTE: Per Diem, non-benefits-eligible
Evangelical Community Hospital is recruiting per diem athletic trainers to support events at The Miller Center for Recreation and Wellness, a 90,000 square foot health, recreation, and wellness facility equipped with four hardcourts, a turf field, full service fitness center, café, and orthopedic/ physical therapy clinic space. The facility is formally known as The Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center, powered by Evangelical and Geisinger. The Athletic Trainer at the Miller Center provides Athletic Training services for Miller Center sports and recreation events. Events include State and Regional Gymnastics meets, High School and AAU Basketball leagues and tournaments, USA Field Hockey tournaments, wrestling, cheerleading, and more.
Per diem athletic trainers will have opportunities to work with athletes and teams on injury prevention programming and education and will serve as a resource for members of the Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center to conduct evaluations and make recommendations/provide limited or initial treatment for injuries and make follow-up recommendations.
Coverage hours include evening and weekend hours.
* Candidate must have a BA or BS in Athletic Training or related major/minor
Credential equivalent experience:
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
* Must have a valid PA state license
Pennsylvania state police criminal record check, child abuse history clearance and an FBI criminal history check required.
Typical Working Environment and/or Conditions:
* Frequently required/prolonged sitting, standing or walking 0.00%
* Stoop, kneel, crouch/crawl/climb stairs/ladders/small spaces 75.00%
* Lifting, pushing, and pulling materials up to 30lbs 75.00%
* Manual and finger dexterity to operate computer & equipment 0.00%
* Must be able to see/hear, or use prosthetics 0.00%
* Subject to injury from confused, combative patients 5.00%
* Involves direct close patient contact 80.00%
Working at Evangelical means being part of a vital tradition of service to our community. We maintain a challenging, energized work environment for our valued employees who exemplify our Core Values: Quality Service, Compassion, Respect, Professionalism, Integrity, Cooperation, and Creativity. Together, we commit to excellence every day as we strive to provide exceptional healthcare, accessible to all, in the safest and most compassionate atmosphere possible to build a healthy community.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
As required by the CMS Omnibus COVID-19 Health Care Staff Vaccination Interim Final Rule, all Evangelical Community Hospital employees, except those who are categorized as 100% remote, are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption regardless of job title, department, or employment status before beginning employment.
Evangelical Community Hospital is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
KidSpace Drop-in Child Care Attendant
JOB TITLE: YMCA Kidspace Attendant
SUPERVISOR: Program Director
GENERAL FUNCTION: Under the general supervisor of the Program Director the babysitter will care for children in the Kidspace room.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Kidspace Attendant must possess a minimum of a ninth grade education in one year’s experience working with children.
- Follow duties assigned by the Program Director or Associate Executive Director. These duties may include:
- Straightening up the Kidspace room: washing dishes, cleaning toys, cleaning the fridge and tabletops, and vacuuming.
- Supervising children while playing indoors
- Changing diapers and toileting children
- Preparing, feeding, and cleaning up children’s meals and snacks
- Administering first aid
- Performing other various other tasks: reading stories, playing games, and communicating with parents
- Providing stimulation to babies through holding, rocking, talking to, playing with them, and carrying them
- Find a substitute when unable to work.
- Attend various staff trainings.
Part Time Personal Trainer
The Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center is seeking part time Personal Trainers within our Fitness Department. Personal Trainers provide customized personal training services to fitness members, including creating individualized workout plans.
A nationally recognized personal training certification is required.
Personal Trainers are expected to conduct sessions in an engaging, safe, and effective manner, providing an encouraging and motivating atmosphere while helping participants achieve fitness objectives. Personal Trainers must display excellent customer service, decision-making, and communication skills. Trainers will be expected to attend all mandatory trainings and meetings.
Trainers must be flexible with their availability and willing to work weeknights and weekends. Our members lead active lives and so should our ideal candidate. This position has plenty of growth potential as you are only limited by the number of clients you train and programs you run.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and certifications to Kyle Snyder, Associate Executive Director, 120 Hardwood Drive, Lewisburg, PA, 17837 or to email@example.com.