Job openings for the Greater Susquehanna Valley YMCA can be viewed here.
To be considered for employment at the Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center, the following you must be able to successfully pass:
- Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance
- Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Records Check
- Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal History Clearance
- Drug Screen
Additional openings throughout the Greater Susquehanna Valley YMCA (Milton, Sunbury, Mifflinburg, Arts Center) can be found here.
The Greater Susquehanna Valley YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Job Description
GREATER SUSQUEHANNA VALLEY YMCA
Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Under the guidance of the CEO, Branch Directors, Art Center Director, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for the planning, organizing and administration of the YMCA’s communications, including but not limited to, advertising, printed materials, and public relations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Directly responsible to produce, place orders, etc. for all association advertising (newspaper, radio, etc.)
2. Directly responsible for producing and dispersing (emailing, etc.) monthly newsletters to members and community VIPs.
3. Directly responsible for producing the program brochures, association annual report, community benefit statement, annual support campaign materials and other marketing pieces as requested.
4. Maintain Email marketing program, ConstantContact, to include keeping database accurate and current.
5. Responsible for representing the YMCA at local health fairs and expos in conjunction with Program & Membership Directors
6. Organize and send all bulk mailings.
7. Directly responsible for producing and distributing to media outlets branch and association-wide press releases on a weekly basis.
8. Directly responsible for the correctness and accurateness of all materials and duties that are assigned, inclusive of “smart and efficient use of available YMCA funds”.
9. Creates an approved association-wide advertising, public relations calendar, etc. with Marketing Membership Team.
10. Directly responsible for the GSV Y web site; keeping it updated as well as constantly evolving the content to keep up with the latest technological advances. Also responsible to the YMCA Facebook Page.
11. Follow the policies and procedures established by the Greater Susquehanna Valley YMCA.
12. Serve as the GSV Y Brand Advocate to YUSA.
13. Manage all aspects of Social Media for all GSV Y branch locations.
14. Serve as corporation photographer, photographing events and programs and compile an annual photo CD to use at the annual meeting.
15. Assist the CEO in preparation and implementation of the annual meeting, annual support campaign and other special events and fundraisers.
16. Build relationships with our current Corporate Members and attract new Corporate Members
17. Be able to communicate to members the programs that the YMCA offers and the mission statement.
18. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
The Communications Coordinator does not directly supervise any employees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must have the following qualifications in order to successfully perform the position:
- Knowledge and skills regarding public relations and marketing.
- Ability to work with volunteers and staff in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Capacity to interact with members, parents and program participants, work peers, branch execs, etc. in a pleasant and friendly manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
- At least one year experience in the practical matters of public relations, marketing, etc.
- All YMCA staff must have, or be in the process of obtaining, CPR, 1st Aid, and Bloodborne Pathogen Training, and
YMCA of the USA’s Child Abuse Prevention Training.
- This position requires a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License, appropriate vehicle insurance, as he/she must be able and willing to travel when needed.
The Communications Coordinator must be able to relate to members, program participants, parents, volunteers, and board members and have the capacity to identify situations and proactively resolve issues that may arise from time to time. He/she must be able to determine the most reasonable course of action in the event of an emergency. He/she must be able to deal with member and volunteer complaints/problems in a professional and timely manner. He/she must be able to make adjustments to the YMCA’s materials, press releases, etc. to ensure that the Association is always perceived in an ever-increasing positive light.
KEY DELIVERABLES ~ SUCCESS INDICATORS
- Job duties #1-19 as listed above are done correctly, professionally, in a timely manner, etc.
- GSV Y Branch Executives are pleased with the advertising and public relations that the GSV Y has provided to them. They and their Branch Boards have a sense of getting a great deal of value for the services that the incumbent has rendered for their branch.
- Each year, the general public has more and more of an understanding of the programs that are offered by their local YMCA Branch, the Mission of the YMCA, and how the Branch is fulfilling the Mission on a regular basis.
- The advertising and public relations efforts of the GSV Y association are constantly refined to ensure that we are using all avenues in the best way possible. For example, over the next several years, the YMCA shifts a percentage of our marketing and PR efforts to include new avenues that new technologies allow.
- The YMCA tracks and creates information that shows the trends associated with different avenues of marketing which prove the success or ineffectiveness of the various avenues that we use. Using this information, we adjust our efforts to make our direction the most efficient use of our limited funds and time.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: Up to $15.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Writing skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Public Relations Occupations: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
KidSpace Drop-in Child Care Attendant
JOB TITLE: YMCA Kidspace Attendant
SUPERVISOR: Program Director
GENERAL FUNCTION: Under the general supervisor of the Program Director the babysitter will care for children in the Kidspace room.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Kidspace Attendant must possess a minimum of a ninth grade education in one year’s experience working with children.
- Follow duties assigned by the Program Director or Associate Executive Director. These duties may include:
- Straightening up the Kidspace room: washing dishes, cleaning toys, cleaning the fridge and tabletops, and vacuuming.
- Supervising children while playing indoors
- Changing diapers and toileting children
- Preparing, feeding, and cleaning up children’s meals and snacks
- Administering first aid
- Performing other various other tasks: reading stories, playing games, and communicating with parents
- Providing stimulation to babies through holding, rocking, talking to, playing with them, and carrying them
- Find a substitute when unable to work.
- Attend various staff trainings.
Part Time Personal Trainer
The Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center is seeking part time Personal Trainers within our Fitness Department. Personal Trainers provide customized personal training services to fitness members, including creating individualized workout plans.
A nationally recognized personal training certification is required.
Personal Trainers are expected to conduct sessions in an engaging, safe, and effective manner, providing an encouraging and motivating atmosphere while helping participants achieve fitness objectives. Personal Trainers must display excellent customer service, decision-making, and communication skills. Trainers will be expected to attend all mandatory trainings and meetings.
Trainers must be flexible with their availability and willing to work weeknights and weekends. Our members lead active lives and so should our ideal candidate. This position has plenty of growth potential as you are only limited by the number of clients you train and programs you run.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and certifications to Kyle Snyder, Associate Executive Director, 120 Hardwood Drive, Lewisburg, PA, 17837 or to email@example.com.
The Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center is looking for fun and engaging people to join our Sports & Recreation team as a Sports Game Manager.
Game Managers will assist the Director of Sports and Recreation in the planning, organization and execution of leagues, clinics, tournaments and other events at the Lewisburg Y. You’ll interact with the athletes, coaches, referees, and spectators in this fast-paced, exciting position. While the position does include setup and teardown, the real importance of the job is to make sure events run as smoothly as possible so excellent organizational skills are a must. Hours can vary, but may include evenings, weekends and some eves before a holiday. Experience is not required as we will be happy to train the right candidate.
Interested candidates should download an application here and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sports & Recreation Intern
Lewisburg YMCA Information
The Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center is a community-based resource powered by Evangelical and Geisinger. We aim to fuel a lifelong passion for health and fitness by enhancing community health and wellness through education, empowerment, and partnership. We offer a multidisciplinary approach to health and fitness that integrates medicine, athletics, recreation, nutrition, mindfulness, and friendship.
Evangelical, Geisinger, The Miller Center for Recreation and Wellness, and the Greater Susquehanna Valley YMCA have come together to accomplish something more than each entity could achieve on its own. Together, we are changing the face of health and wellness in this region.
About the Internship
A Sports & Recreation Internship at the Y allows students to build upon their skills working directly with youth while applying classroom knowledge and personal experience in a professional setting. Working directly with the Sports & Recreation Director, the intern will develop a thorough understanding of several functions within the Sports and Recreation Department, including quality assurance, program and time management, instruction and coaching, customer service, and participant recruitment.
Participate in recreational programming offered to children through adults and support the recruitment of participants and quality of leagues or seasonal sports, gain direct hands-on experience working with the Director on sports programming (Ex: clinics, leagues, tournaments, etc.), support coordination of programming at a 100,000 sq. ft. facility, learn to coach the fundamentals general sports activities, maintain the facilities and ensure the quality of programs, develop and distribute marketing materials, engage in soft skill development through communication with program participants, parents, and Y members. Students will experience the Y culture and learn about our work environment. Interns will have opportunities to meet with department leaders and Executives to expand their professional network, and you will discuss career paths, including career growth opportunities at the Y!
This internship may appeal to you!
If you like being part of a team, enjoy interacting with and teaching skills, and sharing your passion for sports and recreational activities. You enjoy coaching or have a desire to learn about coaching, you enjoy in-person work and have experience working with youth, you want to learn about the behind-the-scenes administration and implementation of sports-related programming, you may be going to school for Sports Management, Recreation & Leisure, Non-profit or Business Management, or Physical Education. Some day you may want to become an Athletics Director, a Sports League Coordinator, a Physical Education Teacher, or a Sports Program Director at the Y!
The intern will showcase skill development and knowledge gained through the duration of the assignment with a cumulative project such as planning and leading a sports and recreational program from the development of the idea to the follow-through and assessment of the program or complete a case study on current programming and make recommendations for future programming.
- A minimum of 14-16 weeks, one semester, or based on school curriculum criteria and availability.
- 25-30 hours per week or contingent upon internship criteria.
- Location – Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center.
- A Free YMCA membership for the internship duration and discounts on GSVYMCA programs and activities.
- This internship is unpaid.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled. Please send a resume to email@example.com
Undergraduate or Graduate student currently enrolled in College or University seeking experience or a degree in Sports Management, Recreation, Non-Profit Management, Physical Education, or related field of study.
General knowledge of seasonal sports and experience, specifically playing and/or instructing sports.
Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.
All interns must complete and apply to be considered for a position with GSVYMCA, including a background check if accepted into the role.
Interns must collaborate with a hiring manager to submit and complete an internship learning agreement submitted to the Sports and Recreation Director.
Interested applicants should complete an application at the front desk at the Lewisburg YMCA, 120 Hardwood Drive, Lewisburg, PA, 17837.
Applications may also be downloaded here and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org